Sunday, May 27, 2007

As things fell apart, no one was paying attention...

So, I've decided that message board forums and myspace were insufficient to contain my ever-expanding, ever-evolving understanding of this universe and the human interaction with and within it. Here you'll get to imbibe my views on politics, spirituality, science, art, and culture, with a healthy pool of underlying optimism obscured by my thin veneer of bitter, cranky cynicism.

Just so anyone interested (zero people and growing exponentially) can track my other internet wanderings, I post often on Comic Book Resources under the handle Tages, a place I originally went to for nerdery that I was pleasantly surprised to find had a vibrant community of incredibly intelligent, articulate people that discuss far more than simply pop culture. It's supposed to be a truism that no one ever changes his or her mind because of an internet argument, but I've changed my mind many times due to interacting with the people there.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com

My little-used Myspace can be found here.

http://www.myspace.com/jaylhomme

(yes, I fear hyperlinking)

As a introduction, my name is Jason Williams, I'm 23 years old and live in Reno, Nevada. I currently work for the Wells Fargo phone bank because it pays well and I do almost no actual work. However, my true loves are literature and film, and I'm currently writing something that may turn into a novel, fingers crossed, and have produced two independent features, the latter of which I co-wrote: "Less Like Me" and "Prayers of a Stalker."

I'm a natural order anarchist of the Murray Rothbard variety. I believe that the state is a fundamentally harmful and unnecessary institution, and that all of our problems could potentially be solved without it. While I shorten this in conversation to "I'm a libertarian," most of the time that means people assume I'm a member of the Libertarian Party, which I'm not, or that I agree with Libertarian Icon X, which I don't (this means that I find Ayn Rand putrid), or that I believe that markets are all of the time 100% infallible, which just ain't so.

Philosophically, I would say I'm closest to the existentialists, especially Kierkegaard and Nietzsche.

Spiritually, aye, that's where the most change has been occurring of late. A single label of "Christian," "Atheist," "Taoist," "Chaos Magician" or any of thousands of other labels just won't do anymore. It's grown more complicated. But I can't remember ever being happier, ever having broken free from the chains of melancholy moreso than I have in these past two months, and that through my spiritual exploration I have attained, if only for a few fleeting moments, the boundless wonder of ecstacy.

Let's just say that I found God, and God isn't a noun.

That's enough for now. I'll get to commenting on other crap later.

No comments: